Thursday, May 19, 2011

I need to rant to my faithful Queenies!!

I think that this is a good time for me to remind you guys, and let my new Queenies as well, that I do not clear shelves. I ask in advance for items, check on items that may be in the stock room, or use multiple stores when I am buying a lot of one item. Also I do not buy 22 of something because I am a crazy hoarder or feel that I have to have it. I have a large family and when there are items where I can get a lot for almost nothing we share.

I have 2 sisters and 3 brothers, a few of them are in school and can use the help. I also donate items, for example this past week I sent $150 worth of items that I only paid $5 for to the tornado victims of AL. Yes, I have a small stockpile, and it is small, only made up of household, beauty, and laundry items. I just thought I needed to let you guys know as some people may not understand why I do some of the shopping trips I do. Sometimes it is easy to assume that all couponers who buy in bulk are crazy hoarders or stingy, of which I am neither!

I do get hurt when people look at my purchases or listen to my advice on couponing and then throw me under the bus or make a comment about something that I have done as if I am wrong. I am sorry to rant to you guys, I want to let you know how much I truly appreciate all of you that follow me on here, Facebook, and twitter. You guys are the reason that the page is going and that I am doing as well I am! 

I love my Queenies!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't let others jealousy get you down. Couponers have been made monsters because of the show Extreme Couponers. Don't get me wrong I watch it but when you stock and clear shelves for something you won't ever use, is a little ridiculous, unless of course you are donating like you said you did. I am new to couponing and don't see anything wrong with saving money. I wish I was closer because I could really use a couponing class. I started with keeping them all in tact by date, to cutting them all and putting them in binders and back to the original way. I cant seem to find a way that completely works for me.

Unknown on May 19, 2011 at 11:37 PM said...

I know it's hard not to let those comments hurt you, but don't! A lot of the ppl that leave such comments either are jealous or just don't understand. I agree with the comment above that since the show ALL couponers have gotten a bad name. Yes there are couponers who clear the shelves and hoard, BUT you know you are not one of those ppl so just let it slide off your shoulders. Anyone who actually knows you knows are grateful you are to be able to do this, to donate, to share with family. I've got your back.
From you fellow hometown blogger--Laura

Mrs. Resourceful on May 24, 2011 at 10:56 PM said...

I am sure that a lot of the negativity comes from the new show on TLC--Extreme Couponing. I believe that show portrays a negative picture of people who truly coupon to stay afloat in this economy. I love that you donate and help others because so many people are just looking after themselves. Keep up the good work!

Fellow Blogger-----Mrs. Resourceful
http://mrsresourceful2011.blogspot.com/

Mrs Bert on June 11, 2011 at 10:43 PM said...

Just wanted to say thank you to all of you! It was a really bad day that day, and I had honestly had enough of the comments and digs. This post actually caused a few people to "unlike" me on Facebook but I guess it is probably for the best!

Post a Comment

 

My Blog List

Southern Coupon Queen Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template