Friday, February 11, 2011

They're Back!!!!

The time has come for me to blog about a childhood memory and love that just may be embarrassing for me to admit, but I am going to do it! 

First, Let me ask. Did you guys have a show that you loved to watch, and you never missed an episode, but you NEVER told anyone about your love for that show due to the jokes that would ensue? Well I have one like that!! My cousin and I used to get together everyday after school to watch none other than........
The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers!! 

Yes, you just read that correctly I said the Power Rangers!! I told you that this was going to be embarrassing!!You may be asking why I have decided to share this information with you guys (and everyone else that stumbles across my page). The reason is that I was given the chance to watch and review a new version of the Power Rangers show, Power Rangers Samurai that will be airing on Nickelodeon on Sunday's. When I saw this opportunity I knew that I had to take it, I mean come on now!! 


A new generation of heroes is about to explode out of the darkness to battle bad guys everywhere!The new Rangers, Jayden, Kevin, Mia, Emily and Mike, harness the mystical Samurai Symbols of Power to fight evil with the elements of Fire, Water, Sky, Forest and Earth. They are not alone in their struggle. An all-knowing mentor and special spirit animals called Zords aid in their attack against the relentless dark forces. This new series will surely catch the next wave of little boys, like my son, who want to be ninjas and fight bad guys! They may possibly even grab some young ladies attentions with the new wave of your cutie patootie rangers!! I have to say that was one of the reasons that I ever watched the show to begin with was the cute boys. In the original show I fell for the nerdy, quiet, but what I thought was cute in the 90's Blue Ranger (David Yost)!! They put a movie out not long after that, with a different actor for the Black Ranger(Johnny Yong Bosch) and lets just say as a preteen young girl I was happy!! 

This younger wave of Rangers brings not only new faces, but a re-creation of a show that has obviously withstood the tests of time, as well as the basic thought that in good versus evil good always wins. To be honest I never realized that this show was still being re-invented and looked at after all these years! (Which I discovered when I did a little research upon taking this review spot) The world's most successful kids action series is in it's 19th season and has moved from Disney to Nickelodoen and just got a shiny, martial-arts-influenced reboot. Combining comedy with action-filled story-lines, the all-new half-hour series features a new cast of Rangers and never-before-seen villains, as well as high-octane action, martial arts and advanced special effects. 

Now here is what I have to say after watching the episode, which I did with my little man. I mean how else do you properly review a kids show without having one watch it with you to get their reaction as well. My son really seemed to like it, well during the fighting scenes with the colorful bad guys. I was not too excited about his need to practice leg kicks and body chops once the show ended. Then again, I guess that is what I get for showing the Power Rangers to a four year old!!! I think that the show might be great for an audience that is just a little bit older, as my nerves could not handle him doing that after each episode. (However I do have a friend who's son loves the show and has been watching it since he was 2. Apparently there was another show on then called something else) There are still the same elements as before that as an adult I notice, the cheesy but clean jokes and fake preteen drama, as well as the almost weird to watch bad guys. (I mean they are really colorful and shiny, a lot like plastic) It also does bored on goofy but at the same time it is a clean and decent kids show compared to most that are out there now. There is not any real major violence, no language or lovey dovey scenes that some of the shows (that are supposed to be for older kids) have. The series teaches team work, caring, friendship, and even gets the kids to want to be physically fit. They will want to act like ninjas just like my little man did, which while it is not fun to take a body chop to the leg while folding laundry, it gets them moving!!! 

If you do not mind you kids seeing some slight "butt kicking" of some crazy looking bad guys then I say overall it is a great kids show. I also like that unlike other kids shows that I have noticed recently there is nothing that teaches kids how to misbehave or back talk their parents!! I am sorry to say that I have noticed that with a few others. With that being said I guess that not too much has changed in the world of the Power Rangers since the days of my love for the Blue and Black Rangers, but that could be a good thing!! I think that Nickelodeon could have something good here if they reach the right audience. I guess we shall see, who knows how long before my son says he wants to be a ninja when he grows up or the Green Ranger for Halloween. I may cringe a little at the thought, as that would then mean my little man is not so little anymore, but I do not think that it would be that bad! Overall the show combats the areas that are needed to be reached.


Along with the show is the emPOWER movement which will launch the new series.  emPOWER provides parents and kids the tools they need to work together to grow healthy kids and support healthy communities. 
emPOWER inspires participation in schools, online and in local communities to demonstrate the Power Rangers values:
 * Standing for What's Right
 * Teamwork and Cooperation
 * Confidence
 * Health and Physical Fitness
 * Caring and Friendship


One2One Network strictly adheres to the WOMMA (Word of Mouth Marketing Association) Code of Ethics which is based on the guidelines set forth by the Federal Trade Commission in combination with input from WOMMA members.
The Code of Conduct calls for all participants in word of mouth and social media campaigns, projects and endeavors to strive for honesty and transparency in all communications with others when speaking on behalf of a client’s brand, product or service. In a nutshell, this means that you will disclose why you are talking about a particular product or service and also make sure to share your honest opinion and feedback about it when you are participating in an O2O Project of any kind.
WOMMA code requires the following:
• Honesty of Relationship – you say who you’re speaking for
• Honesty of Opinion –
you say what you truly believe; you never shill
• Honesty of Identity –
you say who you are; you never falsify your identity
If you have any other questions about the Code of Conduct, please Contact Us or read the full version of the WOMMA Code of Ethics

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Blog List

Southern Coupon Queen Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template